Mud Puddles

Mud Puddles
Mudville Confederacy Newsletter Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's been 5 months since shoulder surgery and my (TIA) mini-stroke. 1 week in the hospital put a new perspective on life. First thanks to my family who came to the hospital everyday and my sister who flew in from Southern California to be with me, you don't know how much that meant to me. The many friends who took time out of busy schedules to visit me in the hospital and home, Matt and Lyn who without them I don't know what I would have done...I can't say THANKS enough but I get ONE a day right Matt? So now I'm considered a stroke survivor, lucky to have had only a mini-stroke and able to come back quickly from the effects, not quickly enough in my books but I'm lucky. I scheduled my shoulder surgery so that I would have 5 weeks before my month of workshops that started the end of September and would go for the month of October and into November. Who knew that life would take a turn, but I also knew that I needed to push myself despite to pleas of others to slow down and take it easy. As you know I'm self-employed and my Zeiss contract is my life and work, without it well let's say I don't know where I would be. I'm the ONLY one doing my job so I needed to push myself to get back to work and I've done just that. I've also had the luxury of being in New Mexico for a few weeks of rest, one during balloon fiesta and this week after the two long shows in Chicago. I've had time to think how much that life offers, it's about the little things in life and taking it one day at a time, eating healthy and taking care of the body that God gave you because in an instant life can change. Taking stress out of my life is very important and learning to control my emotions. Time to get on track and get my body healthy, back to the gym and back to something I really love..bowling. It's been 5 months since I've picked up a bowling ball and my goal is to bowl in December and back to leagues in January. I have 3 more trips this year and a visit to see my sister for the holidays with my parents and my son and hopefully my grandson Noah who I miss. Yes, I've pushed myself..10 weeks seems to have gone quickly, but not quickly enough but I know I have to listen to my body to recover from this major trauma. What's the next step, God only knows but I know for myself I get up everyday and smile and enjoy life around me. I don't write much so this is a big thing for me, but again without friends and family I would have never made it thru this. I love you all...I'm finally back home on November 3rd for a bit and looking forward to seeing everybody back home. It's been great to know that Mudville and BBW is still a big part of my life and enjoy the thrill again of having a possible playoff team again after a few years of rebuilding. Thanks everybody...

George

2 comments:

Cooperstown Giants said...

On Tuesday, January 25th I shot my 2nd 300 game, what a feeling to have done that so quickly back from my injury and stroke.

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see you're back at it!