
I really thought there would be more a heated discussion about the recent Mitchell Report. Me personally, I think it's all hear say. Mitchell got really lucky that the two clubhouse attendants basically fell into his lap or MLB would have pissed away about $60 million. I was very impressed however with the photocopies of personal checks and shipping labels in the report. However, it is pretty sad to see the best pitcher and as much as I hate to say it, best hitter of the past generation be pubicly humiliated.
It was good to see that something was finally done about steroids. But a senator who's old as dirt? Come on. Not to mention he was on the payroll of a certain baseball team in Boston. I know there was about 85 guys named, but what about all the others? I was happy to see no current important Red Sox on the report. I could care less about Gagne and Donnelly. But it did kill me to see Mo Vaughn come up seeing as I still have a poster of him up in my room. No lie, ask Ricky or John B.
It was a major black eye for the sport but at the same time it's a start. I'm curious about all the fall out that is to come. And just for fun, Bud Selig looked like a used car salesman during his press conference.
It was good to see that something was finally done about steroids. But a senator who's old as dirt? Come on. Not to mention he was on the payroll of a certain baseball team in Boston. I know there was about 85 guys named, but what about all the others? I was happy to see no current important Red Sox on the report. I could care less about Gagne and Donnelly. But it did kill me to see Mo Vaughn come up seeing as I still have a poster of him up in my room. No lie, ask Ricky or John B.
It was a major black eye for the sport but at the same time it's a start. I'm curious about all the fall out that is to come. And just for fun, Bud Selig looked like a used car salesman during his press conference.
No comments:
Post a Comment